Opa’s Premium Knackwurst and Kraut
- 4 Opa’s Premium Knackwurst
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices process Swiss cheese, torn (4 ounces)
- Make slits in Opa’s Premium Knackwurst at 1-inch intervals, cutting to, but not through, opposite side. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet combine cabbage, water, onion, carrot, caraway seed, pepper, and salt. Arrange Opa’s Premium Knackwurst atop cabbage mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender and Opa’s Premium Knackwurst is heated through.
- Remove Opa’s Premium Knackwurst from skillet; keep warm. Drain cabbage mixture. Add Swiss cheese to cabbage. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Serve cabbage with Knackwurst. Makes 4 servings.