- 3 oz Opa’s Beef Jerky, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups water, plus
- 2 ½ cups for boiling water
- 5 Dried Shitake mushrooms
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- ½ small Sweet potato, diced or1medium carrot
- ½ cup Frozen peas
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger, pealed and graded
- 1 ½ teaspoons Curry powder
- ½ cup Toasted whole almonds
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 Scallion, thinly slice
- Salt to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the rice with the 1-½ cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes covered. Fluff and let cool completely.
- In another saucepan bring 2 ½ cups water to a boil. Put the Opa’s Beef Jerky in a bowl and pour 2 cups of the boiling water over the jerky, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the jerky and coarsely chop.
- In a small bowl, place the dried shitake mushroom and pour the remaining ½ cup of boiling water over the mushrooms. Let stand for 10 minutes, then drain and chop. Disgarding the stems.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet,add the onion, sweet potato and grated ginger and cook over low heat until the onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the curry powder, shitake mushrooms and almonds. Stir fry until thoroughly heated. Add the rice, frozen peas and soy sauce and continue to stir fry until heated. Remove from heat, season with salt, stir in the scallions and serve.