- 1 pound OPA’S Canadian Bacon or OPA’S Boneless Peppered Ham cut into slivers.
- 6 - 7 ½ “ Flour Tortillas
- 4 - 4 oz can Green chilies, chopped or slivered Drained
- 4 cups Grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 Eggs Beaten
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Garnish: Green Chili Strips,Optional
- Generously grease a 9x13-baking pan. Cover bottom of baking pan with tortillas, cut the tortillas to fit without overlapping. Sprinkle with half the green chilies, half the slivered OPA’S Canadian Bacon or OPA’S Boneless Peppered Ham and half the cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with cheese.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs,milk and salt. Pour over the layered ingredients. The top may be decorated with green chili strips. Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 1-½ hours or overnight.
- Bake in a 350-degree pre-heated oven for 45- 60 minutes or until strata is slightly puffed and bubbly. Let cool 5 minutes, and then cut into squares. Serves 10 – 12