Opa’s Smoked Chicken Strata, Mexican Style
- 2 cups Opa’s Smoked Chicken,cubed
- 10 slices sourdough French bread, crusts removed if desired, divided
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese,divided
- 2 cups medium salsa, divided
- 1 cup sliced green onion, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- sour cream
- Place/fit half the bread into a 13 x9 inch baking dish that has been lightly oiled or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray (the slices can overlap slightly).
- Top with half the cheese, half the Opa’s Smoked Chicken, half the salsa, half the green onions, and half the beans.
- Repeat layers.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chiles, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour over top of bread mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°; bring strata to room temperature.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50-55 minutes or until set and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes then cut into squares;.
- Serve with guacamole and sour cream.